Tuesday, October 14, 2008
It's Birthday Time!
Wow, it has been quite a year! We are so happy to celebrate our babies' 1st birthday. As we look back to a year ago, we are amazed at how far they have come. Last year in the hospital, there were a few moments where I never thought things would get better. One time I was trying to feed Chase with a Haberman bottle. He was only taking about 5 cc's. He needed to take at least 75% of his feedings orally, and 5 cc's was about 10% of what he needed. It was very disheartening and I broke down. The occupational therapist said that things would get better and in a year we would be laughing. Well, I don't know if I am laughing, but I am happy to be where we are at. I still have a hard time when I look at all of the pictures. I was scared to take Kourtney home and she was about 7 lbs. Then 2 weeks later, I was really scared to take home a 4 lb. baby boy and then to take care of them both. Luckily, he didn't have his feeding tube for long. Right before Christmas for some reason I decided to try the pigeon bottle that the hospital had sent home with us. We had never used the pigeon bottle in the hospital, just the Haberman. To my surprise Chase took all of his feeding from that bottle in 20 min! It was like a miracle to us. We never used his feeding tube again! It has been a fun year with ups and downs and in betweens. Currently Kourtney is really close to walking, she just needs that little bit of confidence. Chase is about a month away from walking. He is making more sounds with his mouth and has discovered he can make sounds with the roof of his mouth. Kourtney is quite a character and makes all kinds of silly faces. We feel so blessed to have them in our family- Happy Birthday babies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You guys are so blessed! What a year. That made me teary. I want to come see them. I'll let you know if I can make it!
I loves the video. I can't believe it has been a year. They have grown so much. We love you babies and are so glad to be a part of your family. Happy Birthday. We will try to come tonight. Wednesday is a hard night for us. we will try. Love you.
Happy Birthday TWINS!! Sorry, we couldn't make it. I love seeing the videos of the kids and how much they grow in a year. How come these years seem so hard at times and you wish they would hurry and be done? Then I look back and think where did the time go.
Post a Comment