Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Some things never change



Dustin and I went to the BYU game last Saturday, it was really nice to get away for an afternoon. So I sat next to dad and I realized that some things never change. I remember going to games with dad and Jeff when I was younger. And it was the same back then, dad with his headphones on and binoculars up. Once this guy in front of us turned around and said to Jeff, "please don't kick me anymore." He was probably only 6 or 7 at the time. I don't think Jeff or I moved much the rest of that game. Then, with 5 minutes left in the game we would leave our seats and walk slowly down the stairs and slowly to the exits, stopping to watch every play. So, even before I married Dustin I was a BYU football fan. In 2nd grade our class wrote letters to try to get Steve Young the Heisman trophy. Then he and Gordon Hudson came to our class and threw footballs around with us, (I still have my little football with their signatures.) I also had posters up in my room of Cougar stadium and various football players. I guess it was just fate for Dustin and I to get married, I don't know what I would have done if he was a fan of the school up north...

1 comment:

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Cute pictures. we say the same thing when we sit next to your dad. Just think Austin wants to play ball there. That is his dream. He got the heads turning of the high school coachs at last weeks game. And let Dustin know there is a big rumor going around down here in Springville about who the football coach could be for Maple Mountain High. AN old BYU player.....