Monday, August 11, 2008

Our weekend












Last week we decided to stay overnight in Salt Lake. Chase had some appts. at Primary's and we had Lagoon the next day, so we made a weekend out of it. After Chase's appt we went to Chuck-A-Rama (we figured it was the most kid friendly sit down restaurant). It is the first time all 7 of us have been out. It wasn't too bad, but you should have seen the floor where the babies were eating! We checked into our hotel in N. Salt Lake and I could have sworn we were in Europe. Everyone was Eurpoean! It was funny to watch them stare at us with our 5 kids. We let the kids swim for awhile, and then we took them to see the state capitol. It was really neat because it was after hours and we were the only ones in the whole building. After that we went back to the hotel and watched Kung Fu Panda and went to bed. The next morning we went to Lagoon-A-Beach, it was pretty cold. The babies and I didn't swim, but still had fun watching. Dustin and the kids had a blast. We headed over to Rattlesnake Rapids after that and got completely soaked! Dustin finally won a prize at the Nature's Sunshine dinner ($50 to Tucano's). His mom also won a prize, I guess it was our lucky year. I' ve added a new feature on the right called "Chloeisms". I don't know where she comes up with the things she does, but I figured I needed to write them down. Someday she'll laugh, and maybe we will be able to also by then.

1 comment:

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

So glad you were able to venture out! What an accomplishment. Good job you two! I want to go to the renovated Capitol building. It looks beautiful. Chase looks like he is doing so well. Today I ventured out to register Zach at his school with all four kids and I got the, "Wow you have your hands full" comment! Yup I do, I thought. Thanks for noticing! :)